Bostrom tells Press TV of Israel organ scenario…Posted: August 22, 2009
Published: August 22, 2009, Press TV
Freelance journalist Donald Bostrom tells Press TV that an international war crimes investigation awaits Israel over its soldiers’ harvest of organs from dead Palestinians.
He underscored that the International Court of Justice — the principal judicial body of the United Nations — will likely investigate the report.
Donald Bostrom said he was informed of the atrocities while he was working on a book in the West Bank. He was later approached by UN employees, expressing concern over the claims that Israeli troopers snatched Palestinian youths from their villages in the middle of the night and later killed them in order to trade in their organs.
The reporter went on to note that Bilal Ahmed Ghanem, a 19-year-old Palestinian man, was shot dead in 1992 by Israeli forces in the West Bank village of Imatin. Ghanem’s body was then abducted and returned several days later by the Israeli military with a cut from the stomach to the neck that had been stitched up.
The Israeli organ harvest report printed in the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has meanwhile enraged Israeli officials, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman saying Thursday that Stockholm’s refusal to take a stand reminded him of Swedish behavior during World War II.
“It is a shame that the Swedish Foreign Ministry does not get involved when speaking about blood libels against Jews, something that is reminiscent of Sweden’s position during World War II when it also did not intervene,” Lieberman said in a sharply worded statement.
Meanwhile, Aftonbladet editor Jan Helin has said that Bostrom’s article poses a question – why the bodies have been autopsied when the cause of death is obvious? There I think Israeli authorities owe us an answer, he said.